Norm Grondin Fundraiser Ski Auction:
Just a reminder that your bid for the Elan Amphibios 14 skis must be received by 2:59 PM on Sunday…
Monday Night Training:
Monday night ski improvement for instructors runs every Monday night 7-9PM. Its a great way to get some solid ski improvement tips from senior instructors and is free to Camp Fortune Academy ski instructors.
Week #4 outline:
- Edging can be introduced, first skidding and then refined to a more steered turn
- Edge control is important at all levels
- Choose flat terrain for best results
- Students must be centered to achieve success!
- bounce while traversing to center body over skis
- bounce to start turn
- Falling Leaf sideslips – shift fore and aft
- Traverse, sideslip, Traverse sequence
- Hockey slips and stops
- Traverse in pairs across the slope – downhill person lightly pulls sideways on uphill person
- Snowplow crab turns – snowplow down fall line, then set one inside edge to move sideways across the hill like a crab, release edge and set other inside edge. Repeat.